Recruitment / TA - is a SALES & Marketing job
YES folks – you read it right !!!!!
Am I serious ??? Surely I jest ???
NO !!! I am dead serious
And coming from me – 10 years in hardcore Sales & Marketing – with some of the BEST BRANDs – and then 25 years in HR / Recruitment / excecutive search – I SHOULD KNOW
The fact is – I DO !!!!
Lets look at what recruitment is all about
- Identify what you need and when ( planning)
- Plan / organize to tap the apt candidates
- Attract them
- Acquire them ( against stiff competition)
- Retain them
That’s EXACTLY – what Sales & Marketing – does – hopefully better
- Identify what you need and when ( planning) >>> Planning
- Plan / organize to tap the apt candidates >>> target client identification – and acquisition plan
- Attract them --- attract and acquire the apt guys
- Acquire them ( against stiff competition) – as above
- Retain them>>>various strategies - incentives / helping them achieve targets ( nothing motivates more)
Sure – the TA / recruitment guys are good – its just that the Sales & Marketing guys are more suitable
Its NO SURPRISE – that most of the successful Recruiters / Talent acquisition guys have a STRONG SALES & Marketing background
Sure you may have a different opinion --- happy to have a debate